DarleneMarshall

Darlene Marshall, author

I write award-winning historical romance about pirates, privateers, smugglers and the occasional possum.

People of the Book: A Decade of Jewish Science Fiction & Fantasy - Rachel Pollack, Jane Yolen, Alex Irvine, Theodora Goss, Glen Hirshberg, Benjamin Rosenbaum, Michael Blumlein, Jonathon Sullivan, Sean Wallace, Tamar Yellin, Lavie Tidhar, Sonya Taaffe, Ann VanderMeer, Rachel Swirsky, Elana Gomel, Rose Lemberg, Matthew Kressel, Max Sparber Back in the '70s, Jack Dann brought out the collection Wandering Stars, the first Jewish themed SF & Fantasy collection. WS became a classic, and a popular Bar & Bat Mitzvah gift. Swirsky continues that tradition with People of the Book, a decade's worth of Jewish theme speculative fiction.I found the stories were not consistently entertaining, but that may be a personal prejudice. There were enough that held my interest to keep me reading along, bit by bit, over many Friday nights. My favorite was Peter S. Beagle's "Uncle Chaim and Aunt Rifke and the Angel".