DarleneMarshall

Darlene Marshall, author

I write award-winning historical romance about pirates, privateers, smugglers and the occasional possum.

The Best of All Possible Worlds: A Novel - Karen Lord I remember a SF author saying once that the attraction of a certain genre of fan fiction was that it explored encounters between human women and men from another planet, and wasn't that what all M/F romance was at some level? Allowing aliens into our bedrooms?Lord's book explores this theme in a sweet and thoughtful manner, as a relationship grows between two individuals from different worlds, learning to work and live together. The Sadiri had a planet once...and now they don't. They're refugees having to reinvent their culture in a diaspora of other planets, including Cygnus Beta. Grace is assigned to work with the Sadiri Dllenahkh, and the two form a partnership that grows into something much deeper over time.I really enjoyed this novel, the first work I've read by rising SF star Karen Lord. I look forward to reading more of her work in the future.