DarleneMarshall

Darlene Marshall, author

I write award-winning historical romance about pirates, privateers, smugglers and the occasional possum.

In a Fix - Linda Grimes You know you're enjoying the book when you find yourself pausing and saying aloud, "Vikings. Huh. Didn't see that one coming."Linda Grimes' debut novel is a delightful addition to the sf/paranormal bookshelf as she introduces us to her aura adapters, people with a genetic quirk that allows them to assume the form of others. It's a classic comic book and SF trope and she handles it well. Our heroine, Ciel, has trouble being accepted by the big boys on the team because too many of them grew up with her and see her as a little sister, in one case, literally. It's hard for them to accept Ciel as a full-fledged operative, a "facilitator" helping people with their problems by assuming their face and form.The SF nerd in me had a hard time with displacement of mass issues and the physics involved in the world of Adapting, but I let that go and very much enjoyed the ride. In A Fix includes genuine laugh-out-loud moments, and I'm looking forward to the second book, Quick Fix scheduled for release later this month.