DarleneMarshall

Darlene Marshall, author

I write award-winning historical romance about pirates, privateers, smugglers and the occasional possum.

Review--Rock Addiction

Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss) (Volume 1) - Nalini Singh

I normally wouldn't seek out a contemporary romance about a rock star, but I do enjoy Nalini Singh, and she delivers the goods in Rock Addiction. Bad boy rocker Fox has a reputation for partying hard, but when he meets good girl librarian Molly (and yes, they do make fun of the cliche) he's hit with a thunderbolt and knows She's the One.

This is different, the man recognizing True Love and something special right away. It's a pleasure to read about two people who need each other so badly and when they're together the sum is greater than its parts. The novel is emotionally charged and erotic. I almost rejected it at one point because I thought it was veering off into Big Misunderstanding territory, but a skilled author knows how to make these things work and Singh kept the story going in a realistic and logical fashion.

I'm looking forward to more in this series. Sometimes it's a good thing to break out of your reader comfort zone and trying something different.